Friday, May 9, 2008

For the Love of Money

We've implemented Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace Jr. here at the Buckland house this week for our two oldest daughters, Isabel, 5, and Josephine, 3. I am so proud of them, because they've really latched on to the system really quickly. Every morning, Isabel & Jo get up and make their beds, feeds the cats, and are helping out a lot more around the house in general. It's great! I thought it was going to be like pulling teeth with them. But as they are working, they have some toys in mind that they're saving up to buy. So that's been a motivating factor for them.

This morning, as I was cleaning up the kitchen after breakfast, I heard two little voices singing in unison as they were making their beds, "Money, money, money, money--MONAAAY!" Whatever works, I guess! I just hope we're not creating miniature Ebenezer Scrooges.

No comments: