Monday, April 9, 2007

A Bright Spot

So, before anyone offs themselves after reading my previous post, I thought I would post something much more positive. My church has been going through Willow Creek's Contagious Christian material over the past couple of months. It's been really great and challenging. Well, the Lord laid some people on my heart to pray for during the course. One of them was a friend of my little sister. I prayed that God would give me the opportunity to share with her how much He loved her. So Saturday night, we ended up all over at my brother's house, and my two sisters, my sister-in-law Kim, and I all spent the evening sharing with her around the dinner table the Good News of what Christ had done for us in our lives. It was definitely the highlight of this Easter weekend. I mean, what better way to spend Easter? However, when we got to the part about being born-again, and what all that means, the compounded effects of sleep deprivation started to manifest themselves! Try explaining that one when you're really tired! But thankfully, Gina's friend ended up at church with us, where Tony basically preached about our need for God and salvation. It was the perfect culmination to our discussion the night before.

The coolest part was knowing that we were all being used for something important. God has an amazing plan for this special girl's life, and He allowed us to all play a part in it. That was pretty cool.

I don't know if she gave her life to God yesterday or not. But I do know that seeds were planted, and that God's not finished with her yet. I will keep praying and believing.

Thank You, God, that someone was willing to sit down and share the story of Jesus with me. Where would I be if they had not?

No comments: